What you’ll be doing...
The Operations Technician working Application Support is a crucial role in the Dev Ops model Verizon Wireless is utilizing. The successful candidate will be monitoring, analyzing and supporting a new project which is part of the “Smart Cities” initiative. She/He will be agile and willing to do what is necessary working with the team that is already in place, sharing their experience and best practices.
This is an IT infrastructure support role and tasks will include:
- Using existing monitoring tools to monitor networks, systems, applications and databases.
- Reacting to alerts and executing standard operating procedures when such events occur.
- Managing change-control events.
- Liaison between VZ internal departments, Cellint and AWS.
This person should be able to work well with a diverse team both here and in other locations, often independently once they have come up to speed.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or one or more years of work experience.
- One or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Experience with Wireless technologies and protocols.
- Experience working in both Windows and Linus Server environments.
- Experience using MS Office products.
- Experience with SevOne, HP BSM, Loglogic, Remedy and the Atlassian Suite of products.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/7944608-application-support-engineer
• Post ID: 83750832 eastbay