Posted: Sunday, March 4, 2018 10:49 AM
Work Area: Software:Development Operations
Expected Travel: 0 : 10
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Career Level: T3
Recruiter Name: Maxx Snow
As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device : SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
SAP is revolutionizing the database platform using ground breaking in:memory technology through advancement in main memory computing, multi:core processing, and data management. The SAP Databases are the basis for a disruptive technology that fosters new design thinking in the application space. It leverages technology innovation to establish real:time analysis of business data and combines both transactions and analytics to improve existing business processes with a dramatic increase in performance.
We are currently seeking a highly talented and motivatedDevelopment Engineers to work on our SAP Products and Database Technology. As a successful candidate for this role, you will have excellent problem:solving and troubleshooting skills, fluency in coding and systems design, solid communication skills and a desire to solve complex problems of scale which are uniquely SAP.
You will have the opportunity to contribute your expertise to a wide range of Database Server products that deal with row store, column store in a SMP and distributed system environment. You will use your skills and your initiative to improve the functionality and performance of these systems. You will develop and enhance core components of these servers in a wide variety of areas (ex: query processing, database store and access methods, distributed subsystems such as Distributed Resource Management, Cluster Lock Manger, etc.). In addition to current technology, you will work on new exciting technologies in the field of in:memory and distributed computing to assure SAP's continuous leadership in the marketplace.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Design, implement, document, and maintain various modules within SAP database product HANA
- Identify areas of improvements to current design and advocates alternative method to enhance current working set
- Provide alternative diagnostic methods to resolve both in house and customer reported problems
- Design, Debug, analyze and resolve complex database engine problems of customers and SAP internal stakeholders
- Own and work with engineering team in different geographic locations to diagnose and resolve design issues and customer reported problems
- Articulate technical information clearly. Provide training and assist on knowledge transfer
- Prioritize tasks, develops detailed design, and estimate effort required to completion of projects
- Generate IP and Publish Technical white papers for SAP Database Customers
- Analyze performance and scalability of the SAP database products
- Follow the software development cycle from inception and requirement to successful release of product
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have BS or MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with at least 5:10 years of software development experience or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience
- Very good analytical, Performance skills and good knowledge of data base architectures
- Should have experience on performance tools like vtune and other profilers
- Advanced LINUX and UNIX skills and experience (specifically with multi:threaded architecture synchronization mechanism etc.)
- Must have a strong knowledge of the C,
• Location: East Bay, san ramon
• Post ID: 98551362 eastbay