Los Cenzontles Cultural Arts Academy
Development and Communication Manager
Los Cenzontles Cultural Arts Academy, based in San Pablo, CA, is an innovative and prolific arts organization amplifying the roots of Mexican-American culture through classes, events, media production and performances.
Los Cenzontles has been breaking cultural barriers and creating groundbreaking programming for more than twenty-five years. The organization has attracted attention and strong support from Bay Area philanthropists and celebrities such as Linda Ronstadt, David Hidalgo (Los Lobos), and Jackson Browne, among many others. It has an excellent reputation with Bay Area and national funders and is nearing completion of a $3 million capital campaign. As a leading voice for the importance of incorporating cultural arts in community building and youth development its Executive Director is regularly invited to speak at regional and national conferences and is helping to shape the national dialogue around culture and the equitable dispersal of resources.
Los Cenzontles seeks a high-energy, creative, and flexible manager as its next Development and Communications Manager who has great administrative and writing skills.
Marketing and communications:
- Work with staff to understand audience, market and events
- Create and manage a communications plan for the organization’s various constituency groups
- Prepare press releases, e-newsletters, event announcements and invitations, recruitment flyers, informational brochures and media packets
- Manage production of all print materials
- Manage Facebook and Instagram accounts for the arts academy
- Manage publicity materials, including a tracking system for photos and videos
- Maintain organization website along with marketing associate.
- Develop and track metrics for evaluating marketing and communications efforts
- Work closely with organization’s Executive Director and Development Consultant to provide support for institutional fundraising activities
- Maintain development records, including grant tracking, reporting and cultivation follow-up
- Maintain calendar of due dates, funder meetings, cultivation meetings and site visits
- Assist with fundraising events, including preparation and documentation
- Coordinate activities associated with the organization’s individual donor fundraising program, including membership program, acknowledgment letters, donor stewardship, donor relation events, and arranging cultivation meetings.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and spoken communication skills (Spanish desired, but not required)
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Core computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets and electronic communications (social media, e‐newsletters, etc.) are required
- Ability to learn and use specialized software for donor data base management
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well alone and as part of a team
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments and meet deadlines
- Ability to adapt to unique organizational culture
- At least 3 years direct experience with nonprofit administration
- Demonstrated success with nonprofit fundraising or marketing
- Experience working in a deadline‐driven environment
This position is full time (with some flexibility on Fridays) and requires some travel.
Compensation package: Competitive, DOE, plus generous health benefits.
Please send cover letter, résumé and three professional references to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
For more information about the organization, see www.loscenzontles.com.
• Post ID: 79502158 eastbay