Posted: Friday, November 22, 2013 11:55 AM
Avis Budget Group is searching for a dedicated Supply Chain Manager (Fleet Maintenance Manager) to be based out of our location Oakland, CA location. This exciting and important position will provide oversight and guidance to the Avis and Budget Maintenance and Damage operations in theOakland location and surrounding territories. This position contributes to the success of our company by ensuring the maximization of fleet utilization and increased customer satisfaction through continuous improvements to the fleet maintenance processes. In addition, the successful candidate will partner with the operations management team to develop and implement programs, practices and solutions to attain business objectives.
Responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Manage automotive damage and repairs
- Manage vendor relationships to verify that vehicles are repaired in accordance with damage appraisals and ensure all repairs are properly documented in accordance to company standards.
- Make recommendations on the development and implementation of new policies and procedures relating to the Supply Chain function.
- Review and submit proposals to/from vendors to ensure the timely turnaround of damaged vehicles in the most cost-effective manner.
- Oversee the research, testing, and procurement of company owned and operated automotive fleet repair equipment, materials, supplies, and parts required to maintain fleet, garages and yard facilities.
- Review business plans, financial statements, customer complaint logs, productivity, efficiency, quality assurance and idle vehicle reports, and address any problems within specified areas.
- Ensure adequate levels of fleet inventory based on service levels and rental projections for various time frames and forecast how many vehicles will be completed by Supply Chain for rental needs.
- Hire and direct all Supply Chain management staff within the Oakland location and manage all training within the function.
- High School Diploma
- 3 years management experience in damage control, reconditioning, maintenance and/or repair of vehicles.
The successful candidate must be willing to and/or possess the following:
- Effective supervisory, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively interact with customers and the public
- Experience in managing multiple locations
- Must be a proactive team player in a service organization culture and be able to work in a fast paced work environment
- Must also have excellent analytical, creative problem solving and organizational skills
- Travel is limited to occasional visits to outlying locations within 1 hour drive
- Flexible availability to oversee the Supply Chain Department on a varying schedule to include weekends to meet business demands
To Apply, Please use the link below:
We offer a competitive salary, use of a company car plus gas and excellent benefits including dental, medical, tuition reimbursement, 401K and more.
Avis Budget Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)
• Location: East Bay, San Leandro, CA
• Post ID: 12282285 eastbay