Job Function: General Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
Independent Construction Company in Concord, Ca is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Project Manager. The ideal candidate is someone who is organized and possesses strong time management skills. This position is responsible project management including contract administration, budget compliance, field operations oversight, change order negotiation, safety, and maintaining healthy Owner/Agency relations.
Project Management Responsibilities:
- Management of Agency / Owner contract documents, changes, submittals, etc.
- Management of subcontractor scope and contract changes.
- Management of construction materials and delivery methods.
- Management of costs and forecasting project “costs to complete.”
- Supervision of field operations.
- Ability to travel to various locations as projects warrant (good driving record).
- Analyze and review drawings and specifications to compile data to ensure quality and timely change orders.
- Seek out alternative solutions and construction methods to increase productivity.
- Determine, review and validate “take-off” quantities to ensure accuracy of data used in change orders.
- Communicate estimate information to foremen at pre-construction meetings to ensure understanding of project scope and critical means and methods of construction for budget compliance.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Strengths:
- Knowledge of construction grading and paving practices including contractual documents, plans, specifications and soils reports, etc.
- Previous experience with estimating software, HCSS is preferred (Bid2Win, Hard Dollar, etc.) preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to produce and maintain a project schedule using Primavera, SureTrak, Microsoft Scheduler or other software.
- Previous experience with Primavera Project Management, AGTEK, and AutoCAD software is a plus.
- Solid leadership, supervisory, communication, decision making and organizational skills.
- Thrives in fast paced, fun, competitive work environment.
- Attention to detail while productively meeting goals is a must.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or demonstrated project management/estimating work history and related experience.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years construction field support/management experience.
- Work experience in a busy office setting.
- This is a full-time benefited position.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required.
- Company provides post-offer, pre-employment drug screening.
- Ability to lift 10-50 pounds occasionally.
Job Type: Full-time
Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to Race, Religious Creed, Color, National Origin, Ancestry, Physical or Mental Disability, Medical Condition, Genetic Information, Marital Status, Sex, Gender, Gender Identity, Gender Expression, Sexual Orientation, Military or Veteran status.
Contact Person: Zach Neu
Email Address: email@example.com
• Post ID: 92518477 eastbay