What you’ll be doing...
This is a Product Development and Innovation role. More specifically, you will be ensuring rapid development of Enterprise messaging (MMS/SMS/RCS) products that generate revenue or significant cost savings, by partnering with other cross-functional teams by identifying technology that can be leveraged to enhance customer experience. You will understand customer needs and the competitive landscape, as well as the latest technological innovations, in order to help drive and support product offerings. You will be responsible for marketing analysis and business case creation, the system architecture, technical requirements, design, implementation and testing associated with new and current wireless products and services.
Responsibilities center on leading large, multi-department teams to cooperatively design and develop strategic business initiatives in the wireless network, focused on achieving superior business results, while maintaining industry-leading network reliability. Responsibilities also include managing project budget, managing internal development resources, and ensuring evolution of existing products and services. The position requires significant interaction and leadership oversight of the internal teams while working in an agile and fast-paced development environment. Another key function is interfacing with internal teams such as engineering teams, and IT to understand user, device/handset, provisioning, alarming, capacity/demand trending, operational, administrative, and revenue assurance requirements. You will need to be able to pull together implementation plans and ensure their on-time execution to support product launch targets. Some travel in the United States is required.
- Manage roadmap, monitor markets and customer needs.
- Competitive analysis.
- Prefer service business case and manage service performance compared with business case.
- Collect customer feedback and provide feedback to roadmap.
- Manage product roadmap by collecting feedback from internal sources, competitive analysis and customer feedback.
- Establish technology, product, development and agile development strategy for wireless text, multi-media, and RCS messaging applications.
- Lead and manage development of products, network architecture, and systems for internally developed services.
- Develop and lead development of specifications, standards, processes and business analysis/decisions.
- Provide a cross-functional interface with respect to all technical, network, and development/issues.
- Lead and manage end-to-end systems development and testing.
- Lead cross-functional, cross-regional implementation teams which include project organization, definition of deliverables, schedule, status reporting, and end-to-end testing and successful completion.
- Prepare and present management reports and technical presentations.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, IT, Information Systems or Engineering or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Master’s degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science.
- Over five years of telecommunications industry or related experience, developing services to consumer or enterprise market.
- Deep understanding of Enterprise Messaging solutions, including Verizon’s offering.
- Experience with SMS, MMS, RCS suite of protocols, SMPP, SIP, XMPP, MSRP, HTTP, XML, TCP, UDP, IMAP, POP3, SMTP, and cloud services such as AWS
- Extensive hands on experience with systems definition and design, and understanding how these systems meet the needs of our customers.
- Experience in managing product roadmaps for consumer or enterprise applications, collecting customer feedback and incorporating into the product.
- Knowledge of APIs, WAN and LAN connection, client/server and/or distributed computing architecture, internet protocols and technologies is essential.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, oral and written communications skills, and advanced presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership of cross-functional teams.
- Experience working with suppliers or internal teams in the definition of technical product requirements and design throughout product development cycles.
- Experience in setting up deals including RFI/RFP with suppliers, assembling and negotiating large contracts and in maintaining vendor relationships is a plus.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2498019-technical-product-manager
• Post ID: 98089877 eastbay