What you’ll be doing...
The Verizon Global Technology Services organization is searching for a strong leader for the Director- Emerging Technologies. The Director will be responsible for developing the strategy for emerging technologies like Digital finance and Blockchain, Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence (ML/AI). In this role, the Director will act as a key contributor and facilitator to identify opportunities to leverage emerging technologies across the organization. The Director, through various partnerships, will drive innovation across the technology organization. This director also needs to build the communities of practice aka centers of excellence around these technologies in collaboration with the application CIOs teams.
The Director must demonstrate a deep understanding of technology, industry, technology advances, market and competitive trends and business drivers. The Director will partner with other executives to drive strategic technical thinking, sharing of information and collaboration, and defining new opportunities that leverage / influence technology and expertise to solve business challenges and to provide a competitive advantage.
The position requires an individual with experience in emerging technologies and industry disruption. This leader needs to also have strong infrastructure technologies background, out-sourcing and inner-sourcing best practices. This person will be an innovator in their field and influencer to bring others along the journey. The Director should also possess strong strategic skills, technical aptitude, interpersonal skills, project management skills, ability to influence and work effectively across other partner organizations. The position is highly visible and requires interaction with the Technology leadership team and partnering across.
The position Includes:
- Drive positive change by using emerging technologies to develop, test, and
standardizing technologies for use across Verizon
- Create Emerging Technologies Center of Excellence
- Create and demonstrate use cases and deliver technologies to business units
- Demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills and ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization. Leads and develops teams of indirect reports.
The ideal candidate will have the acumen to handle complex situations and multiple responsibilities. The position requires a technical understanding of the emerging technologies, along with understanding of the competitive landscape and technological and business trends. The Director will work closely with the Technology Senior leadership team and VPs. This director position requires high engagement, ability to build collaboration, partnership and help influence strategic direction by raising visibility of trends, issues and opportunities across the organization. The candidate has to possess strong analytical skills and be able to interpret data and provide recommendations to the leadership team.
We are looking for a motivated, positive, self-starter individual who is comfortable leading standing programs from the ground up, with minimum supervision, leadership and with passion at identifying opportunities that help build new strategies to drive business results.
What we’re looking for...
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field. MBA or advanced degree desired.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a relevant organization and experience.
- Experience scoping and delivering technology innovation services
- Passion for technology trends e.g. RPA, AI, Mobility, Cloud, Digital, Collaboration Tools
- Demonstration of strong strategy development
- Demonstration of strong technical skills
- Demonstration of strong leadership skills
- Demonstration of strong partnership and collaboration skills
- Demonstration of strong program management skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and good analytical skills, with specific experience presenting information to executive leadership
- Demonstrated ability to package and sell ideas and influence across all levels of management and cross organizational
- Ability to own issues/risk decisions and manage on an ongoing basis
- Ability to identify opportunities to streamline processes and create efficiencies.
- Intellectual capacity to develop creative and breakthrough solutions
- Proven success in building and developing high - performing teams taking ownership of developing others
- Collaboration, team orientation and stewardship
- An ability to articulate and clearly communicate complex problems and solutions in a simple and logical manner
- Experience understanding business challenges and identifying how to add value
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2519356-dir-emerging-technologies
• Post ID: 98762757 eastbay