What you’ll be doing...
We don’t wait for the future. We build it. We are calling for data driven candidates with strong data analytic and visualization backgrounds to join our System Performance team. If data and technology is your passion we are looking for you. You will be using a big amount of data to develop network insights and strategies to improve performance including:
- Performing data analytics and applying data science techniques to improve our network’s capacity, coverage and overall service.
- Automating data collection, reports, visualization and system updates.
- Creating dashboards and geolocating data to present information dynamically.
- Designing, launching and optimizing the next generation of wireless technologies.
- Simplifying data for team members and management.
- Managing our network data to generate network insights.
What we’re looking for...
Never satisfied with the status quo, you thrive on continuous improvement. You have a strong domain experience in performance management tools, call processing, frequency planning, and all aspects of cellular networks. You enjoy the process of solving complex issues while empowering the team around you to do the same.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in data analytics.
- Experience applying Machine and Deep Learning models.
- Data Science knowledge.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to work some nights.
Even better if you have:
- A degree in electrical engineering.
- Experience in the cellular industry. Ideally, with network experience.
- Experience with RF propagation tools and radio test equipment, like Ascm, DataPro, Spectrum Analyzers, Actix, Windcatcher, or RF Scanners.
- Understanding of intermodulation, distortion, interference detection, and mitigation techniques.
- Understanding of antenna characteristics or antenna system design and selection.
- Understanding of frequency planning constraints and requirements such as C/I, co and adjacent channel criteria.
- Understanding of LTE, VoLTE, Evdo, or CDMA.
- SQL, Python and R experience.
- Business Intelligence understanding.
- Tableau expert level.
- Mapping data using Google Earth, Tableau, ArcGIS or Mapinfo.
- Ability to learn and develop new skills.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2519154-senior-systems-performance-engineer
• Post ID: 98762982 eastbay