Manager, Stations and Facilities Planning : West: 90208169 : Oakland - (oakland, california)
Posted: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 11:55 AM
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America's workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Oversee facility improvement programs for Amtrak owned and leased real property assets that support Amtraks station, train crew and maintenance operations in a assigned region. These activities include facility inventory management, facility assessments, program and planning guidance, and development administration to facilitate comprehensive oversight and implementation of processes to ensure the most efficient utilization of real property assets in support of Amtrak Corporate Goals.
* Monitor project management activities of facility development projects in assigned territory including internal (ADA, PIDS, SOGR and other) and external projects
* Maintain inventory of space at each facility, monitor allocation of space to user departments, and identify need for changes
* Manage/monitor facility development assessments
* Review and maintain accurate summary of capital expenditures at each facility
* Participate in facility development project meetings and facilitate participation by all appropriate parties to the agenda
* Work in conjunction with asset lease manager to confirm ownership and/or tenant responsibilities and support development of agreements by the asset lease manager
* Provide guidance and direction for services that support and facilitate the ongoing development, implementation and management of facility planning, design and program management that will govern the system:wide capital and maintenance programs for Amtrak facilities, including ADA compliance and compliance with Amtraks signage standards
* Support programs and projects as assigned, including studies and reports required by Congress and station project funded by the TIGER and other programs
* The position will work closely with all Amtrak departments, particularly Engineering, Finance, Government Affairs, Law, Marketing and Sales, and Business Lines to foster on:going communication to ensure system:wide consistency of brand and design standards, policy development, and implementation
* Facilitate coordination, in conjunction with key stakeholders within the corporation, and with external stakeholders, including state and local government officials, municipal planning organizations, host railroads, state and commuter partners. The position will provide guidance on facility design policies and issues, facility development program processes and procedures, provide interpretation of Amtrak standards and guidelines, and advance facility planning, compliance and funding opportunities.
* Serve as a liaison for internal and external stakeholders for facility planning projects, and may serve as project manager for internal projects in the preliminary and design development phases and construction phase as appropriate. Advise localities regarding planning efforts with respect to functional design, operational policies, funding requirements/opportunities and implementation procedures
* Recommend facility development policies, update Station Design Guidelines and Graphic Signage Standards Manuals, develop standard station plans and fit:out details, and be a key contributor to Amtrak guidelines, standards, and specification documents. The position will research and review standards, codes and regulations, Amtrak policies, materials and specification and make recommendations on design and performance standards.
* Working closely with key personnel responsible for facility development program in the Business Lines and corporate support de
• Location: East Bay
• Post ID: 81270522 eastbay