Posted: Thursday, February 1, 2018 8:01 PM
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America's workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Responsible for inspection, testing and maintenance of wheels sets, brakes, brake pads, repairing suspension and pneumatic systems on rolling stock equipment and components in accordance with FRA and Amtrak standards and guidelines.
* Performs inspection, testing and maintenance in accordance with 49CFR regulations and Amtrak standards and guidelines
* Troubleshoots equipment to determine corrective actions and causes of equipment failures
* Repairs doors, windows, interior equipment, access panels, hand brakes, brake shoes, outside car body components, fire extinguishers, emergency tools and first aid kits
* Uses a variety of test equipment to diagnose malfunctions, troubleshoot and repair components and circuits
* Maintains proper care and use of materials, test equipment, machines and hand tools normally associated with assigned job
* May perform welding and burning
* Experience in troubleshooting, repair, replacement and rebuilding of mechanic equipment and systems
* Must successfully complete training and attain/retain certifications applicable to assigned job
* Completion of technical school or apprenticeship program
* Experience in the maintenance of railroad equipment
* Knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
* Ability to read mechanical drawings
* Knowledge and skill in the use of electronic tools, equipment and the measurements necessary to meet established standards
* Some computer skills
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Candidates who apply to this posting may be contacted now or at a later date when a position become
Employment Experience Requirements:
1 : 3 years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job : we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre:employment background verification, medical review and pre:employment drug screen.Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug:free workplace and performs pre:employment substance abuse testing.All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing.We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug:free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety: sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, he/she will not permitted to perform safety:sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of educatio
• Location: East Bay
• Post ID: 95641592 eastbay