Posted: Wednesday, September 27, 2017 6:56 AM
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America's workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Responsible for directing the operation of an area performing inspections, running repairs, modifications, and/or light overhauls for cars and/or locomotives in operating divisions. This operation includes, but is not limited to numbers of mechanics, laborers and technicians using large and small production machinery and moderate amounts of material. This position may also manage local commuter, regional and state mechanical efforts.
- Manages equipment inspection, maintenance and repair programs and provides diagnostic and troubleshooting expertise in order to increase equipment availability and reliability
- Functions in primary leadership role for his/her shift while maintaining oversight responsibility to ensure proper communication of mechanical issues, safety issues, material issues, etc
- Manages maintenance of rolling stock equipment in accordance with all Amtrak and regulatory requirements
- Oversees the scheduling and execution of all work orders for assigned equipment including planned corrective and preventive maintenance
- Reviews daily reports to ensure all inspection and work order results are properly recorded in WMS with attention to conditions found, performance measures taken/recorded, symptoms noted and inspections completed and/or deferred
- Monitors availability and reliability metrics and promptly evaluates problem areas
- Participates in Maintenance Effectiveness Reviews essential to the Reliability Centered Maintenance program
- Ensures foremen and mechanical craft employees are properly trained in inspection, test and maintenance procedures
- Implements inspection and mechanical service related safety plans and programs
- Must have solid leadership and decision making skills
- Solid organizational and problem solving skills
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in combination to administer effective presentations
- Knowledge of accepted industry quality standards and the ISO quality procedure
- Ability to recognize opportunities for change designed to address chronic issues and concerns
- Some analytical skills
- PC skills, including word processing, spreadsheets and presentation software
- Demonstrated experience working on machinery in an industrial, marine, railroad or plant environment
- Demonstrated experience in diagnosing and troubleshooting electrical and/or mechanical systems
- Some knowledge and experience related to safety program methodology and its application
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
Knowledge of FRA, FDA, AAR and OSHA Standards and Regulation; knowledgeable in railway and rail transit rolling stock; and some supervisory experience in an operating environment
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
Up to 25
Employment Experience Requirements:
3 : 5 years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job : we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes an
• Location: East Bay
• Post ID: 83184857 eastbay